This post has already been read 4891 times!
Council will hear your comments about a possible gaming facility, Monday, October 29. This is a venue change: the meeting has been moved from Council Chambers to accommodate an expected large audience. Rogers Cable TV will be recording the meeting from 5 p.m.
Monday’s meeting will be held at the Leisure Time Club, 100 Minnesota St. An open house to meet the OLG representatives and see some information boards will start at 4 p.m. and run until council starts at 5:
OLG Reps present to answer questions, picture board displays around the room with pertinent information, staff distributing questionnaires, Q&A’s, and requesting those wishing questions to be addressed by the OLG to be submitted on the form provided.
The public meeting (a formal council meeting) will start as usual, at 5. Survey forms will be provided. Please fill in all the questions.
- Mayor will call Council to Order: begin with the public planning meeting deal with those matters expeditiously before the OLG presentation.
- OLG Presentation (3 reps – total 15 mins)
- Mayor and staff will review any questions received on the forms provided, to the OLG for response
- OLG will not entertain questions directly from the public
- Once the public’s questions are answered – the OLG will leave
- Public questions and comments will be entertained from the audience. Staff will record all comments/concerns.
- Once public is finished, the regular meeting agenda will resume.
This is an important issue for the community. If you wish to comment on a possible gaming facility (a “slot barn” with up to 300 slots) being built in Collingwood, please attend the meeting and have your say. You can also comment on whether you want to see such a gaming facility located elsewhere in the region.
If you can’t attend, you can still provide a written comment to the clerk. Please submit your comments in writing to:
“Gaming Facility Comments”Town of Collingwood97 Hurontario Street, PO Box 157Collingwood ON L9Y 3Z5Attn: Sara Almas, Clerk
- 369 words
- 2328 characters
- Reading time: 120 s
- Speaking time: 184s